Thread: Please STOP
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Jazzman
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I fired my lawyer (whose job it was was to protect H from his DV charge essentially)

I told the girls T with AH in the room that I have safety concerns about him being with the girls alone .....

He is a good dad and loves them and has fun with them.....

I grew up in a nightmarish, abusive home. I don't want my kids to be like me ...

I appreciate that you recognize that it took you more than a few weeks to get from a to z and have that perspective.

I feel like I am seeing a lot of things clearly and am trying to forge a path that is best for us all (girls and I) and that's not something I can do overnight.
WTBH, I have to admit I have not read any of your previous posts and I'm trying my best to not take anything you say out of context. I've quoted a couple of your comments that jumped right out at me and I'm compelled to offer an opinion as a member of this forum, and I'll try to do it in a non judgmental or attacking way, I hope you read it that way. Take what you want and leave the rest.

My heart goes out to you and your children as it would for anyone living in an abusive home. Child protective services needs to be involved to protect your children from the abuser, and realize CPS can have little sympathy for the parent who fails to take protective action. It's a hard reality and if you take to long to act you could find yourself in a defensive position against the scrutiny of CPS. Good luck.