Thread: My own relapse
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

And AH doesn't have a clue. It makes me sad for him. I'd like to save him from embarrassing himself further but if I were to say anything about this to him it would just be a 3 ring circus with him flipping out on me..

There's where I got the idea.
Okay- match point. You win. I am still confused about "I know you think I am harsh" though...

My whole point is that I DON'T see myself as needing to save him anymore-- I know it's unhealthy and I won't do it. The BUT and all that preceded that sentence and came after sort of explained that... If you want to find "proof" to prove a point that's fine but my point is that I know where my head is at and there's nothing I am thinking or feeling that has me worried about fixing or saving him anymore....

I guess if you read what I am saying as a whole you'd see the bigger picture but I am getting a bit into territory of defending myself and I'm not interested in doing that.

Saying that I would LIKE to but have NO INTENTION of keeping my H from embarrassing himself further doesn't sound co-dependent to me. It sounds like someone who is seeing what my knee jerk rxn is and recognizing it's unhealthy and sharing that.

Is there really anyone here who sees their spouse destroying their professional reputation and doesn't feel a twinge of sorrow for what that person is doing to themself?