Thread: My own relapse
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sandrawg

In other words, he wants you to just stay out of his business so he can go about his merry way destroying himself and your family. Wonderful way to conduct a relationship!!

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
I've been told a similar line... "if you didn't go digging for stuff to be pissed about, you wouldn't be pissed so much. But you go digging because you just don't know how to be happy or content. You spend all sorts of time waiting for the other shoe to drop."

The thing that bothers me about that... Is there is some truth to it. The last part... Worrying about the other shoe dropping. All the other stuff? I don't have to do digging... It's all right there in my face. And as for happy, I'm all sorts of happy... Just not around him.

The one thing I've found most hopeful... I stopped talking to AH. It does me no-good to let him rant and rave and hurt me with his stinging barbs. He's in an ugly and resentful place and anything that comes out towards me has zero compassion in it. Sad, but true. A man I've spent 10 yrs of my life with, and have two children... And he has no love towards me. But, why should he anymore? I've filed papers to initiate a divorce.

So, I keep putting one foot in front of the other and move towards having my own life back.

Get the focus back on you and detach from him.