View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
azureseas

I often can't think of the right word mid conversation, frustrating
Same thing happens when I'm writing, which isn't often as I have a visual job and lucky google is there to help me out
Even replying to posts here can take a ridiculous amount of time to try and say what I want to say. I really admire a lot of peoples written communication skills on this site

I just looked up how to improve brain memory function and found this list.
I like that there are some different suggestions, like hanging out with friends, I can do that!

How to Improve Your Memory: Tips and Exercises to Boost Brainpower

~Don’t skimp on exercise or sleep

~Make time for friends and fun
Humans are highly social animals. We’re not meant to thrive, let alone thrive, in isolation. Relationships stimulate our brains—in fact, interacting with others may be the best kind of brain exercise.

~Keep stress in check

~Bulk up on brain-boosting foods
Get your omega-3s. More and more evidence indicates that omega-3 fatty acids are particularly beneficial for brain health.
Fish is a particularly rich source of omega-3, especially cold water “fatty fish” such as salmon, tuna, halibut, trout, mackerel, sardines, and herring. In addition to boosting brainpower, eating fish may also lower your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
If you’re not a fan of fish, consider turning to fish oil supplements. Other non-fish sources of omega-3s include walnuts, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, pumpkin seeds, and soybeans.

~Give your brain a workout
By the time you’ve reached adulthood, your brain has developed millions of neural pathways that help you process information quickly, solve familiar problems, and execute familiar tasks with a minimum of mental effort. But if you always stick to these well-worn paths, you aren’t giving your brain the stimulation it needs to keep growing and developing. You have to shake things up from time to time!