View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

2 for the price of one...

My AH and I have been separated for a year now. I moved out for 6 months and now he has moved out. My 22 yr old son has lived with both of us.
I have a hard time telling if my son drinks like a normal 22 yr old Marine or if he is headed down the path to alcoholism. mY AH mentioned just the other day that he was worried that our son might have the A gene. I am trying not to repeat the same mistakes that i made with my H. I do not try to control his drinking but have explained my boundaries and my triggers. He does not drink and drive. I do ask him about his job because he has a car payment and I co signed the loan. I told him I am trying to stop meddling in others' lives but was available if he needed my opinion or guidance. He seems to be having a hard time with the separation and has been distant with both of us. I feel like he has been avoiding me. Right after I spoke to him on the phone to tell him I was on my way home he texted to say he was spending the night with his dad. Great! They have always had a wonderful relationship that I hope continues.
My son's friend stopped by to pick something up and tells me he spent the evening hanging out with my son and my husband at the bowling alley bar-my AH new hangout. My son was very drunk and wont be coming home.
WTF!!!
I can't believe my husband would choose to go to the bar to spend "quality time" with our son.
I feel like I got rid of 1 A only to be living with another one!
My son knows that alcohol was a HUGE issue between my AH and me. But he does not believe his father is an A-that would be too much like admitting he is one too.
No questions. Just venting because I am so angry at both of them!