View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

I love posts like this...

...where I can clearly see people get it. I remember when I finally figured it out. It's clear to me that you have too, CN. You've now finished the hardest part. Things do get better from here (though not friggen' fast enough IMHO).

Take care and congratulations!

Cyranoak

P.s. Keep going to Alanon, though. It'll sneak right back up on you if you let it, and then you'll have to start all over again.

Originally Posted by concernednurse View Post
You know what gets me about all of this, and it speaks to someone's post recently that said... there's healthy people out there, the trick is learning how to be attracted to them, is that: if you read "My story" which I just posted early this morning, at the beginning of our relationship, I did accept him for who he was. He was just as much an alcoholic at the beginning as he is now... so why was I able to accept him as he was then, but not now? I suppose maybe at the beginning of a relationship people are on their best behavior... they say "you don't know what you don't know,"..."when you know better, you do better," and one of the hard ones, "you can't know right now." Time does reveal and heal, its fascinating. And part of my own journey is learning why I am attracted to people who are addicted, or conversely, why I'm not attracted to healthy people...