View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ItWillBeWorthIt

Originally Posted by newwings View Post
I have been a problem drinker for about three years. To cut a long story short, I've known I've had a problem for quite some time - and last November I quit drinking for several months. I felt fantastic, but to be honest, I wasn't mentally committed to it, and despite going to meetings, felt very much a 'guest' rather than fully involved in my sobriety.
Sorry that you had to go through that experience newwings -- it may be the wake up / rock bottom that you need to move forward with a recovery plan that will work this time.

You quit before for several months, but indicated you weren't mentally committed to it. What will you change this time... what will you do differently? For me, it was finding out why I drank...was there a void, were their underlying reasons, things that bothered me, things that made me unhappy, things that stressed me out. This time is my sobriety/recovery, I am working on all those things so I stay focused on my recovery so I can stay sober for the rest of my life.

You are lucky to be given a second chance, as you stated. So please use this chance to make this the beginning of the rest of your life. It is SO worth it.

I wish you the very best. Stick around SR, you will enjoy it here... and it does work if you keep coming back. Hugs and positive thoughts are being sent your way!