View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
newwings

Smile

Thanks Mark!

I'm not usually a very spiritual person, but I had an ominous feeling something like this was going to happen. I had a dream about a week ago when someone appeared to me and told me I was going to die unless I stopped doing what I was doing. He was very persistent in the dream and I tried to ignore him, but it was so vivid and frightening I was telling my husband and best friend about it for days after, and fretting about it. I felt so 'off' about it it really did consume a lot of my thinking (and drinking) time. I'd lie awake at night swearing that tomorrow was going to be my quit day. However, it didn't make me stop (of course).

I really feel like I have been given a second chance. Some people aren't as lucky, I don't want to waste it. I've been slowly killing myself with booze and cigarettes for a long time now. Once this happened, I realized I WANT to be here, I've still got so many things to do and so many people who need me and love me. High fives to the powers that be, someone or something gave me a reason to live.