View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by BobbyJ View Post
He called 5 times today and I did not answer. I told him I would
NOT talk to him while I was at work. After work I had appointments
to attend and could not answer the phone.

Tonight, he leaves me a message on my phone..
He was So So Sad..(On the verge of crying)
"Please do me a favor, get a divorce and tell me its over, I cant handle
this anymore, Why wont you talk to me"
You already told him why you wouldn't talk to him today.
He pushed your boundaries, and you held firm and didn't give in. Good for you!

When XABF was in rehab, he called whenever the pay phones were on (he spent $20 his first afternoon there), and when they were off he conned the ladies at the desk into using that phone.
If I didn't answer, he'd leave me voicemail messages about how his time was valuable, he couldn't get to the phone most of the time, and demanding/begging/pleading that I answer the phone for him each time he called.
I finally told him I would take one call a day, and he'd still call all those other times.
Then I went to visit him, and he told me that now that I visited, and that we were officially "engaged" (What? When did I agree to that?) that I had to answer the phone 100% of the time he called.

I had a complete mental breakdown, and ended up going no contact, not taking any of his calls, and keeping my phone off. When he managed to call me after bed one night (still didn't answer, but it woke me up), I paid my cell phone provider to add "parental controls" on my phone so that I could block all incoming calls from blocked numbers.

This was after repeatedly telling him that I couldn't take all these phone calls of his, that I needed my space, that he was driving me crazy, that I needed to work on me and all his phone calls were preventing that from happening. When he got out, he sent me an email message saying that I never told him to stop calling, or to call less often, and who was I to decide things about him without telling him?

They interpret things as they want to interpret them.
You did the right thing.

XABF crying into the phone was the hardest to withstand, but it got easier when he switched it to the reptilian voice, I could just imagine the poison dripping off his fangs when that one came on. I kept a few of those in my voicemail for awhile, to ensure I never forgot who I was dealing with. (They're deleted now, because I don't need the reminder any more.)