Old 04-21-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ladybug0130

AH accusing me of affair - terrible situation!

My AH and I are legally separated and I haven't really been in love with him for a while because of his insane depressed alcoholic behavior but I tried to keep it going "for the kids". I have also been 100% faithful to him. He recently went off on a crazy bender and has been staying in hotels, drinking, calling us at odd hours to "talk". During this time I decided I want a divorce. I am trying to put our house on the market to sell so I contacted the lawn service we use to spruce up the yard. I have a baby at home and can't get out in the yard myself. So, I call our lawn service and leave a voice mail. The owner sends me a Facebook friend request back, I have no idea why, maybe he wanted to talk about the lawn request via Facebook? It is weird. But, whatever.

Here's the problem: This friend request has my AH CONVINCED I am having an affair with our lawn service guy. This is so ridiculous I can't believe it. My AH has been sending me all these bizarre emails and calling me and I have tried to be no contact, but I am starting to get worried he is going to go attack the lawn service guy or me. I want to warn the lawn care guy and give him a heads up, but the whole situation is so crazy, and I feel like if I give a heads up it will only "confirm" my AH's suspicions because I am talking to him. I have no idea if my AH has called and threatened the lawn guy or anything, because I literally barely know this person, I have only called to get my lawn done so I can sell my house and get out of this crazy situation! Sucks that I now have to worry about the safety of some stranger in addition to all my other problems.

What a mess. I just want out of this so bad. My AH has been careful not to say anything directly threatening so I don't think I can get a protective order. I just don't know what to do because if I don't talk to my AH, it confirms I am having an affair, if I talk to my AH, it confirms I am having an affair...you get the idea. You can't win when you are talking to a crazy irrational alcoholic.

The one blessing in this whole situation is it has strengthened my resolve to leave. Before I felt sorry for him and could have probably been coaxed back. Now I am just scared of him and I hate him, I really do.