View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Good post (((Cryanoak)))! I've only got one person on my ignore list, but I have had to tell people I care about that I needed to "step back" from their posts, as I'd shared all the ES&H I had, I wished them the best, but I had nothing else to offer.

I learned that from here. I came here, with the "you should do..." feeling, and quickly learned that's not what SR, or recovery, are about. I was so new at the recovery thing, what the heck did I know about what someone else should do?

I've also learned, from ((Ann)) and others that if something "sets me off", I need to sit on my hands and think about it, before I post. Don't ALWAYS have that self control, but I try.

Having been through some situations, in my life, I also realize that it's easy to suggest something to do, but until you've BEEN through it, it's not always that easy. I do agree with the kids thing....I have a real hard time reading "but I LOVE him/her" as the kids are going through he!!. There have been a few times I've suggested they read through the ACOA thread to see what the effects do to kids. Other times, I've just not gotten involved in those threads.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy