Thread: Binge Eating
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Hi Tyler,

Not to be a smartass here, but just like anything I have had a problem with, drinking, overeating etc, I quit doing the thing that was causing me problems. I lost over 70 lbs, by quitting binge eating and modifying my diet. I stopped being an alcoholic by quitting drinking.

I could sit and eat 3 cans of Pringles, after eating 3 Big macs and a large fry, just like I could sit and drink a case of beer in a sitting. I just never felt satiated and I always wanted more. Quitting both things has been hard, but it has taken mental strength to first realize it was a problem, and then to make my brain realize I am killing myself with food and drink. We have to be able to learn to control our urges. I started doing it by working out and replacing the crap I was eating with better choices. As I grew healthier it had a positive impact on my brain and it made it easier as time went on.

Do I still eat tooo much crap sometimes? Yes, but I will skip my next meal and workout extra hard when I do. Learning self control is what keeps me successful and the more I practice the better I am.