Thread: Binge Eating
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Binge Eating

For the last several nights I have been binge eating. Just eating junk, preferably high salt stuff and sweets. Gotta love that sweet and salty!! I know it is just my addictive behavior expressing itself in another form.

I dropped 13lbs when I was in the hospital (btw, not a recommended form of dieting, quite uncomfortable and very expensive!!), but I have gained it all back. I was feeling pretty good about myself when I got out, looking better, feeling better, but I seem to have backslid a fair bit. Part of it is probably due to my job, as I have discussed elsewhere. I was able to "escape" that while in the hospital and not really have to deal with anything other than myself and what was right in front of me. Now that I'm back in the "real world" I am struggling. Today was a decent day, I was off work, and I got some yard work done as well as cleaning around the house. I don't feel like binging tonight. Tomorrow it's back to work and I don't know how I'll feel.

I know I need to treat the binging just like my drinking or drug use, just don't do it. Easier said than done as are most things. I'm not massively overweight, but I did look and feel better without those 13 lbs. I have a lot of self esteem issues anyway, and I know keeping the weight would be helpful towards that. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw it out there if anyone else has this issue and how they deal with it. Take care.