View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by Singersal View Post
Tuff, I commend you for seeking help for yourself at Al-Anon and suggest one on one therapy as well. You need to take care of you. I am a recovering alcoholic with a little over 3 years of sobriety and wish my wife would try Al-Anon but she refuses and I have taken her to open meetings. Your husband is in early recovery and he is a work in progress and I hope he is availing himself of a sponsor and even individual therapy as well as he is just getting to know himself and just because he is dry does not mean he is thinking with a sober mind yet. All you can do is take it a day at a time and continue your recovery. We all know its a family disease.
Thanks for that - Singersal. I try to remind myself that 5 months is only 5 months, compared to the 25 years he has been using. I just don't like the mean and cruel attacks. It's like communicating with my 13 yr old...everything I say gets taken WAY out of context and turned back on me to make me the bad guy or the crazy one. Hard to maintain one's serenity in those conversations. So its probably not a good time to have conversations at all.