View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grnmtn1

Oh boy, I feel your pain, sadness, frustration, lonliness and anger- all at once. We had a very close friend living with us who's drinking went completely out of control. He hid the bottles from us, thinking I wouldn't know he was drinking. I never knew what we would walk in to when we would come home from work. It got to the point where I was afraid to come home because I didn't know what I would find, the happy friend who had had a good day or the one who was raging and ready to verbally attack as soon as our son was out of range.

When we finally got him out of our house, the peace was wonderful. I would come home to a quiet home (my husband works late) and sometimes it was a bit too quiet, but I felt safe and I didn't have to worry that our son would overhear his angry outbursts. You may find you are a bit lonely at times, but hang in there. Start a new routine for yourself and remember what it was like beforehand. I have said we will NEVER go back (we brought him in 2x- each time thinking he was REALLY doing it this time) and he's still using.

I have also picked up Co-dependant No More by Beattie. I don't know if you are or not, but just the first chapter has helped me see I'm not crazy and my 0-60 outbursts towards him aren't unusual. I've found that I want him sober more than HE wants himself to be sober and there's a problem with that.

Keep asking questions and posting, there are lots of people on here that will empathise and give you sound advice.