View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Oh wow...you poor girl! The things you have put up with. Now I'm not being callous at all, but reading that story about him coming into the bedroom and accusing you of cheating on him while you had been peacefully sleeping, made me laugh hard. Not laugh at you--laugh at the absolute absurdity.
That action of his is abusive, and that part isn't funny at all, so do not think it lost on me.
It also, I believe, borders on psychotic. The man is hallucinating. It is probably the drugs, no doubt, but it's a serious condition. And again, I repeat for emphasis, it was an abusive thing to do, mentally. Just another example of how crazy and unmanagable life becomes with an active addict.

Same goes for your anger. I am a very laid back person, usually...stressing the usually part!
But living with an active addict brought out a side of me---geesh! I know exactly what you are talking about with the red hot instant rage. I think perhaps, it may even be that those of us that were brought up in homes with some rational thinking, may react with this rage because we are unequipped to deal with this lack of logic. It may also be something more akin to that my father hated it when we were emotional illogical beings, and his slap the idiot button would get pushed, and so I learned that that type of thinking was slapped into reality. Not necessarily healthy, but geez...better than catering to people's small little worlds where they only are viewing their own feelings, which is what an active addict does--they have no conception of anyone else's viewpoint or feelings far too often. But I digress...
What you need is your sanity and serenity, and kicking him out sounds like you finally are taking back the control over your life! Best thing you've done for yourself probably in a long time! Whoo hoo! Your Go Girl! Pompoms to you! Really.
You've removed yourself from the madness. You're not insane, and you sure don't need insanity in your life. Get back to you! Get back to what you know is real, sane, and productive. Yes, that's the path to sanity.

I think rage may be a normal reaction. A "normie" reaction to totally insane behaviors. It's the true codependents that accept, and feed addicts, without anger, that really worry me. They are the true enablers, imho. So often in alanon I hear about "detaching" emotionally. Well, as true a coping mechanism as that may be, it's not a normal reaction, and may even sometimes be unhealthy. It is an evasive maneuver to what may be a normal reaction to insanity.