Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grnmtn1

Originally Posted by brokenheartfool View Post
You do realize i hope that most of the people on here have someone closer to them, if not a spouse, then a child, and it is devastating to them.
You have a happy marriage, and we all want any poison out of your life that might get in the way of that.
Thank you for your kind response and yes I do realize that. The part I didn't mention is that the reason why I believe I took him under my wing, as it were, is that my father died of alcoholism when I was 23 as did a couple of my grandparents in previous years. My uncle was a recovering alcoholic for many years and I saw him sponsor many people. I am well aware of how devastating alcoholism is to a family and I'm sure I wasn't clear enough, this friend of ours means a lot, to both of us. My husband went golfing with him the other day (yes, he's tired of the antics) and we do want to help.

I understand and know what addictions to do to families and relationships and I appreciate the time you all have taken to help me see through the muck and mire.