View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

You mentioned on another post that he has been diagnosed with a PD. Have you found any forums for those that are dealing with spouses with a PD?
Yup. BPD family.com Its been great and it was on there that I started to think more about his alcoholism (I think I was in denial about him being an A for a long time) and tried to think that this was all "just" PD. I've realized and read now in a lot of places that PD's can't really be treated/managed when there is active addiction -- so, while many of the ways he acts out are very much BPD and alcoholic in nature, the "tools" to use when dealing with someone with BPD who is NOT an addict are just a waste of my time when dealing with addiction too.

I am glad it wasn't just me that found that email odd. It kind of made me worry- a lot. I'm seeing things in him that are farrrrrrr too remiscent of what my own BPD mother did to my father when he left her. She managed to get the courts to ban him from seeing any of us without court supervision and HE was not the crazy/abusive one. The fear of abandonment stuff of BPD is shining brightly from my AH right now and as bad as I feel lining my ducks up in a row behind his back legally, I think that this email from him showed me that I'd better do so asap.