View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JACKRUSSELLGIRL

It sucks so bad when we get caught up in the dance again but it does happen. Keep focusing on YOU and eventually it will stick and the less and less you will get dragged back in. I am just starting to stop the dance and it feels good but trust me it did not happen OVERNIGHT. Just like you I engaged in the dance way too many times.

Just this morning, he tried to get me to dance. We were talking about the upcoming sale of the house and moving. I was trying to keep it light and joked about which kid and boyfriend (they are always at my house) did he want and he says "I want to keep all of us - together that is and you are the one breaking us up". I could have said no, you broke the family up by not taking recovery seriously and stopping the drinking. I decided not to dance and told him "that is not true" and to go read my letters. I wrote 2 letters regarding my decision to split. I love referring back to these letters so I do not have to repeat myself anymore or Dance.

You will get it, Trust me. It takes a while but it does eventually sink in. Don't be so hard on yourself either because when I did that it did not help me move forward.