View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bolina

Glad to hear you've made a decision about the job. I am betting that a breather from this day to day stuff is just what you need.

Why would you give him lists of anything unless it's to do with the kids? Speaking of the kids, how would you get in touch with him in the case of an emergency if he's left his cell at work? Big deduction in Good Dad points for that.

Given that you've made your decision about the job move, is there any benefit in engaging with him beyond discussing the kids and the move? Everything else can be kept on the level of "Hmm" and "What a shame" as if you were making casual small talk with a store clerk.

Speaking of stores reminds me of this post http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...oundaries.html
It really helped me when I realised that I was trying to win every verbal exchange with my ex (or anyone else I got into a disagreement with). It was very wounding for me to feel beaten in an argument, when it was my need to win that was wounding me. That was a bit of an off topic ramble, but might help.