View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kittykitty

You didn't Cause this. you are not a bad parent
You can't Control this. Even if she was living under your roof, you couldn't stop her.
You can't Cure this. She's old enough to know that the choices she is making will affect the rest of her life. I can only assume that if she got all these scholarships to college, that she must be relatively smart. Years down the line, if she is really just partying, she will regret it, and you don't want any resentments aimed in your direction, by helping her do it.

I went to college, so did my sister. Yes, everyone gets excited when they leave home, and does things they shouldn't be doing. It's "normal". What your daughter is doing is not normal, I don't care what anyone says.

As an adult, she deserves the dignity to live her life as she pleases. But nothing says you have to help her in any way, even if it isn't a financial burden to do so.

Personally, I would call the authorities, the ones that have been calling you so much about her behavior, and let them know that the next time it happens not to call you, just kick her out of school. Wash your hands of it. I can't believe she hasn't been thrown out already.

Definitely Alanon. No matter what happens from here on out, you will definitely use what you can learn there. And I would also recommend Alateen for her siblings, if they are truly affected by what she is doing.

Where is she getting the money for all this booze, and spring break trips? If you have anything to do with that, you might want to reconsider financial support of any kind right now. Even sending her money for a car payment (example) may end up going towards something else. I believe the term is "cutting her off". Completely. Otherwise it's just enabling. I understand she is your daughter, but I have to agree with Eddie, if she wants your support she needs to earn it.

Good luck to you, keep us posted on how you're doing~