View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

I have to agree here-no contact is the best route to go. I have broken up with my EXABF recently and in spite of his assurances that we can "still be friends", no, that won't work for me.

I've blocked every access route whether by phone, email, social media and instant messenger to keep him out of my life.

Aside from the addiction issues (mine is still in active addiction) we share a history with our exes and while some couples separate on relatively amicable terms, others don't and throw addiction and co-dependence into the mix, IMHO, that's still a toxic relationship - who wants to be around someone where you have to keep your guard up at all times, watch what you say or do and have it misinterpreted or thrown back in your face?

As John says, every time you're in contact, the crazy train leaves the station and it's not hard to get drawn right back in and get thrown to the wolves again. It's one thing to stay "in contact" as it pertains to children and/or issues such as houses, etc, but that contact has to be limited to talking only about those things-when oher stuff comes up, that's where you have to stand your ground and not get drawn back in.

Just my 2 cents.