View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Return to Normal- Thanks for your post- It helps to know that the confusion isn't mine alone-- and others of you too who said you have been in similar situations...

I need to just think this all through and not make a knee jerk decision....

To AH's side I will say this. The job in MA is very near where his family lives and he has friends (heavy drinkers) who are still in the area and both these factors are part of what's unappealing to him. But then again, I moved to NH and have been near my family and left all my friends and I've survived. So, sympathy for how it would be "hard" for AH to deal with all this isn't a reason for the rest of us to suffer. But I know these are concerns. Maybe moving there would be good bc he'd either have to take recovery seriously or not and he'd sure have tons of opportunities to practice!

Another thought... I probably could find something here if I am willing to do anything- not necessarily something I love or even like. Since I left my job in MA I've worked in positions I have not loved at all but like NDBT I've dealt with that bc providing for my D's is all I've cared about and the jobs have been a means to an end (being able to provide for them and having time to spend with them bc my schedule has been good). So, a part of my wanting to move is bc not only is there a guaranteed job, but it's also something I'd love. But is that good enough reason to pull up roots, take the girls away from their friends and grandmother who they are used to seeing daily? Part of me thinks that if I really am putting their interests first then maybe I need to think about the value of their comfort with where they are now and consider the fact that maybe I should just find something/anything, even if I hate it, so that they can stay here.

I really really wish there were a clear cut best choice. There's lots of pro's and con's about going and staying-- I'm not a huge prayer but I think I'm going to find time to just "be" this weekend and give this all a lot of thought....

I really do appreciate everyone's advice - every last word of it-- truly!