View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
returntonormal

Originally Posted by justsotired View Post
quite honestly, I don't know how i live with it, it's no way to live. I'm always on guard, always trying to predict what i need to do or have on hand to make him happy, it's always about trying to 'survive' any given night. And you never know what night it's coming.

I've been in the relationship over 6 years, and his binging has led to my own abuse of alcohol at times. I've tried outdrinking him to escape him mentally (impossible). Then there was a phase where even though I hated every sip, I would drink just so there was less in the house for him to drink.

Now, I simply don't drink with him in the hopes that he will see himself clearer if the people around him are sober. Plus, I refuse to become, or remain, an alchoholic. So, no more drinking for me. it makes it harder, watching him sit there and get sh*tfaced, harder to put up with him when he does, harder to keep him happy drunk. But i feel safer too, since I am sober and more aware of the warning signs something is about to go wrong.

I can't live this way. I can't cure him. I can't make him want to get sober. So I am planning on leaving.
I'm with you on this! Usually he binges on Friday night, so I have near panic attacks on Fridays, but sometimes during the week. Because I never know when it's coming, I'm walking on eggshells.