Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MeredithD1
Present

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
My sponsor tells a different story/

When her RAH had a major relapse just out of rehab, she feared for her safety, she locked him out, changed the locks, and shut off her phone.

he went to the streets, living in his car for a few weeks.

She was a mess. Scared, guilty. ...How could she do this?

Her alanon group was not enough, at the time, she said, she needed to know more.

She went to an AA meeting of known old timers, across town, where she knew her A would not have gone.

She was crying uncontrollably and was asked to speak.
She told how he tried, and he relapsed, and how he was still committed to recovery, but was struggling, and was manipulative, and had become physical with her,

She cried and spoke. They listened silently, and when she was done speaking, she expected silence.

But they applauded her,and hugged her. And told her she was brave.

they were old timers. They got it.

BTW, he got back to the program, is 9 years sober. they both work their programs and have 2 kids.
About 12 or 13 years ago, when my AH was my ABF, there was a night when he went on a rant and stormed out of the apartment we shared. I called the AA hotline and the person at that end of the phone, walked me through an incredible conversation. It was the first time I had ever attempted to do anything for myself with AA or Al Anon (I couldn't find Al Anon in that particular phone book). It is a "Higher-Power-Send" (in my words, Godsend) that we can cross over, AA to Al Anon, and enhance each other's understanding.

Thank You!