Thread: Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
returntonormal

This is a wonderful thread

so I wanted to push it back up in case some people haven't read it.

I thought I had my bottom one night in late November 2010. My AH got wasted while I was at my AA meeting. I came home at 9:30pm to find both of my kids still up, watching a movie. They quickly went to bed. Then he proceeded to berate me about the fact that the taxes were late, etc etc. I told him I was going to bed. He continued to talk loudly to himself downstairs for two hours. I laid in bed praying and wondering how long I would have to live like this. A voice in my head said, "as long as you choose to". I came downstairs and told him that he could be quiet and go to sleep, or I could call the cops. He told me to call the cops and started laughing. He never believed I would do it (the only reason I had the notion that I could do it was this board). I did.

The next day we had a long chat. I told him he had to change or we'd get divorced.

Well. He quit for 2 or 3 days. Then told me he wanted to moderate. Two glasses of wine per day. I said nothing - knowing that unless he admitted he was an alcoholic, there was nothing I could say that would make any difference.

Now we're into April. His 2 glasses per day have turned into a bottle of wine a night. Not much. Not enough for a blackout. But too much. And once a week he gets drunk. Usually, he goes to bed and passes out quietly. But sometimes he Quacks.

I was beginning to think about leaving. This past Tuesday, he did it again. Not as bad as November, but bad enough. He apologized the next morning (ha!) and didn't drink yesterday. Tonight, one glass of wine...so far.

But you know what? This is bottom enough for me. He is unwilling to admit he has a problem. Unwilling to make change. I'm done.

Sorry so long!