Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
julienamana
Alanon newbie on fire!

Originally Posted by duqld1717 View Post
I have also read that book Why Men Love B*tches and also Why Men Marry B*tches. I think if you read the book and do what is says, it WILL work on healthy men. Healthy being the key word. I think all rules go out the window when you are dealing with A's. They operate on their own set of rules, clocks, and worlds. The book wouldn't work on them. I tried acting more assertive and with more of an opinion towards my XABF and it actually made him hate me more lol. You really can't trick them or get them to treat you different, they are too set in their ways and selfishness.
absolutely agree! funny though some of it does work on my guy but it was mainly the changes I made in me, especially being direct, that works with any man because thats how they are made, most men just say whatever they have to say and dont worry about your feelings so they like it when women are like that too but with a little more caring on about how they are going to feel when you say it. Also the not being as available and showing them you have a life other than them seems to work too. But yes I would say most of it wont work with an alcoholic, my sponsor is trying it out on her recovering husband though and getting really great results