View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
BULL. There may be some, especially those in early recovery that won't call another on their BS, however, anyone working the program and starting to 'sponsor' having had a sponsor that called us on our BS, we do the same. Does your Therapist attend AA on a regular basis? That is not the way AA works, sorry, but you have been given some misinformation.

I have seen this happen over and over and over for almost the last 30 years now. I do not understand how your therapist could come out and blantantly say something that is a lie.

As to your encounter with your H, you did good!! You are slowly getting better and are starting to move the buttons that he used to push.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Laurie- Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think this sounded accurate but my T (didn't realize this when I found him-- he was recommended by a friend who was also married to an A) is a LADAC (is that the right acronym?) and works with A's and their families almost exclusively. So I assumed what he said was accurate. Maybe I misinterpreted what he said? What I took from it (and he's said it a few times) is that I can't expect people in AA to call AH on his bs. Just as it's not my job to show him he's ill, it's not theirs either and no one but HIM is going to "see" the need to take recovery seriously. He has definitely told me that "accepting" people wherever they're at is part of AA and that's what AH will find in meetings. I'd like to think this is wrong but I tend to think that my AH is aligning himself at meetings with people who support his lies, his rationalizations etc.... He doesn't do well with confrontation and the fact that he's going to the same meetings regularly tells me that he's probably getting reinforcement for whatever he spews there.