View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

Im not sure how long ago I joined, something like 3 years ago. When I first joined I was looking for help, big time.
I too didnt like some of the answers or suggestions I got either and some people were outright rude, you know 'know it alls', I thought at the time.
You know what though, if those people hadnt done that, who knows what Id be thinking right now.
My sister died from alcoholism 16 months ago and I too after all this time sometimes think 'what have I got to offer anymore?' and is it healthy for me.

Thing is though, I have met some of the most beautiful people on earth here who understood, shared and cared about me. Ive never had this from anyone else. When my sister died I was so alone, but the comfort I was given here helped me get through it.

So, whenever I can I log on, 'comfort' is always here. I read some posts and I dont respond only because I dont relate or someone has said what I thought anyways.

Back to the questions though, I do whats right for me and I 'try' not to offer advice and give my experiences only. Ive really got to know myself being here at SR but the best part is everyone else Ive got to know too. I guess we all leave here whenever the time is right.

LuvU all JJ