View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hollyanne

Well, Supercrew.
Where to start? When I came here first, I tended to keep the moderators busy.
I tended to jump in with the first thing that came into my head. Even if that meant being really over the top with my "suggestions". I have learned to check myself before posting. I also have learned to do this in the real world. I have to think before I speak. I also have to learn patience.

Recently my darling little nephew was listening to a story, the young man was told to do all these things and kept kinda NOT DOING WHAT HE WAS TOLD!
In the end, my nephew stopped the story and protested that he could no longer listen as the man simply would not follow instructions and kept causing problems. Very funny and kind of cute.
I am a bit like that when reading posts and have to catch myself from being all judgmental and stuff. I did not get this first go either and have made an awful lot of dumb choices in life. I am also great at giving advice, not so good at taking it though.

I feel in certain forums that I have to mind my manners. This is also true in real life. What is appropriate behaviour, boundaries, respecting superiors etc. I have a little problem with authority and really do not like being corrected.

All these things can be hard to change, and are very ingrained behaviours.. This site is like a little "society" to practice "behaving". A lot of us kind of skipped the growing up and maturing part because of our addiction or did we get addicted because we weren't very good at the growing up part?..........