View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Do You Ever Feel?

I have been coming to this forum for the better part of 300 days, and I feel like I am getting healthier mentally and physically. The healthier I get it seems like I am growing farther away from being able to really empathise with many of the posters in the forum.

I feel like I found my solution, with the help of many people here, and I would like to help others, but I feel like the solution is so simple now for me, that I have a hard time watching repeated failures, and just the dyfunctionality of the way people go about solving their alcohol and non-alcohol related problems.

I feel I need to keep coming back to SR because it keeps me grounded and reminds me of where I was less than a year ago, but is it really healthy to read endless posts about peoples problems day after day? Especially when I feel that although I might have what they need I would probably offend them by offering up my advice.

I am really trying to lead a very sober and optimistic lifestyle, so is it healthy to dive into the heart of dysfunctionality on a daily basis? Also sometimes I feel so adamant in my views that I basically will write a post only to go back and delete it because I don't think many people here really want to hear the truth, and I know it will be taken as negative. I really want to help others, but how do you affect change in others when the reality is many people here I feel are looking for an outlet and not a real solution?