View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
japabp2000

Hi Cat, I was actually thinking the same thing..but see that was his last Valium in the bottle and the bottle has no refills on it without his Psychiatrist's consent. Soooo..I don't know. He is too "scared" not to drink because the nurse at the rehab place told him to be aware that it could get dangerous. So he is drinking..I guess trying to pace himself the best he can. He had to borrow money to get it..same ole crap. There is not a sobering place anywhere in our area. He called every hospital around and even asked them at the rehab center about a detox center he could go to with self pay. The closest one is up north about 3 hours and they want about 3 grand..which is impossible. Hopefully he can get in to this other place tomorrow he called about. He keeps gagging while trying to drink..maybe that's because he doesn't eat??? Either that or maybe he truly is sick of it..I'm sure I'll never know one way or another. I'm trying to phase it out sitting here at the PC and cooking dinner. Of course banging my head against the desk has ran through my mind too, but that would hurt so I better not. lol
Oh, and AA....he says he is going so we shall see. We live at the very very southern tip of Illinois and resources are extremely limited unfortunately. Thank you so much for your reply!