View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sprman24

What is right, what is wrong?

Hey again,

well a few month ago, i wrote here about my boyfriend who has a huge Problem with alcohol.
A lot of thinks happenend, since my last post.
Funny thing, I never thought that is gonna happen. He got released out of the Army. The last two month were really tuff. He went Awol again in feb. and that was the beginning of bad things happening. I had the MP's a few times at my place looking for him and so on. Wasn't really fun. Anyways, one night, he came home so drunk, and was so depressed of everything in his life and started talking about killing himself again. Well I did what I never thought i will do, and called the MP. I knew at that time he didn't show up again for work. So it was quit the comotion, the police was here and then the MP's came, handcuffed him and took him away. He was in jail for a few days, then he had his trial and they gave him 21 days jail time in Edmonton. He called me after his trial, and told me those news, he asked me, if i please wouldn't date anybody else while he is gone and that he loves me. By that time he didnt had a drink for almost a week. Anyways he spend his 21 days in jail, came back with knowing his career is done as a soldier. He said its ok with him, its kinda even a relief.
Well in the end he was sober for a month, i had my hopes up high. I thought jail time, was his hitting rock bottom. Well no, i was wrong. 2 days later, after he came home, he started drinking again. He has no where to go, and we try to move in together. But since he is back from jail, he is not motivated at all anymore. Nothing is getting done. He not even knows if he wants to be with me anymore or not, he knows he needs me, because if i wouldn't give him a place to life he would be homeless. He always says, i put to much pressure on him. Do I?
Well he knows he isn't aloud to drink at my place and he doesn't, he rather goes out spend 100$ dollars at a bar, which is always the same one and comes home drunk. I told him, if he wants to life with me, it might be better, to have a few beers at my place, then at the bar, because it would be cheaper, because he has to pay me rent and so on as well. But if he keeps drinking the way he does, their will be no money left for rent.
He looked at me, like i would be crazy. Am I? I just try to do the right thing.
But he said, no he won't drink at my place. Next day he went out again, drinking. I mean he isn't going out every day drinking anymore, but still a few times a week.
And I just don't know what to say or do. I told him, I dont care anymore, about his drinking. If he wants to drink, drink. I'm not in the mood to fight all the time. talking doesn't help. but what would help?

Oh life is so complicated