View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I thought I'd mentioned this before but maybe I didn't or it was lost in another thread...

- I am attending al anon regularly
- AH is coming by regularly bc the T our young D's see said that as much as possible he should be around to see them daily (and I won't leave him alone with them bc of his history of drinking when with them)
- I apologize if it seems I am more concerned with him than with me-- I guess I am struggling to know what to chalk up to alcoholism, wondering what I may be over-reacting to, and trying to figure out the best way for me to interact with him for ME.
- I've tried to find a middle ground since with young kids it's really hard to say no contact; he is not getting the same reaction from me that he has for years and he is pushing every button he can. Rather than react to him, I have come here to get it out and it has been useful to learn that the behaviors I used to take personally, are actually very typical A behaviors.

My question about trust is not something I have read about or heard talked about at al anon-- so, I just wondered what everyone's take was about trust.