View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
terry2768

I need some insight from all of you who are not NEW to this. Is it me or is it my husband. He, like I have said earlier, went through a rehab program about 6 months ago. Since being home, he is going to his meetings everyday. I know his recovery is his recovery and he does not tell me anything about any of it. I only know what I have been reading in the forums on how a lot of this works. I have not started ala non yet. I know I am not supposed to obsess about him and wonder if he is being honest with me. But there are a lot of signs showing me that he is not really working the program. First, I found out he is smoking "fake pot", second, he has still not tried to go out and find a job, he has not punched a clock in 3 years, he makes a few phone calls here and there but thats about it. Third, he blows his stack when he tries to tell me his ideas on things, and I just give my opinion, why it is not a good idea or that is not obtainable, logically. He gets very upset and says I can never support him and that's why he doesn't talk to me about things. Excuse me, but am I not supposed to be able to give my opinion? I am a very independant person, but at the same time I only think of others and never put myself first, I am always sacrificing for others, I lead a very simple life and have no regrets about it. So I will not back down from simply replying to a statement or comment, it is never in a negative matter, but he makes it sound like I am attacking him and his thoughts. I know this is his recovery and he will work it at his own pace, but if I feel he is really just trying to appease, can I say something?