Old 04-08-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Mine acts like a self involved, pleasure seeking teenager too-- with or without alcohol.

Another thing he does is tell me "don't tell me what to do" and then when I don't tell him what to do when he comes to me wanting me to make a decision for him I get told that I am "passive aggressive and controlling".

The conundrum of don't tell me what to do when I am doing something harmful, don't tell me no when I want something I can't have but DO tell me what to do when I want to avoid having to make a decision for myself (so I can blame you when I am unhappy about that decision later) is just mind boggling.

I refuse to make decisions for my AH that he needs to make for himself and BOY is he resentful and trying to convince me and anyone who will listen just how awful I am bc of that. And to me it is laughable bc all he's done for years is cry to his family and friends about how controlling I am.

It's like a kid who says I want to be on my own or tells their parent to leave them alone but wants the security of knowing the parent will still be there no matter what. Normal for a kid to do/feel this. NOT normal for a grown adult. Unless of course you are an alcoholic who thinks that different rules apply to you than the rest of the world.