Old 04-08-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SarahBear

Did you ever have to end a friendship due to a friend's drug addiction?

I did. It was VERY, VERY hard. I no longer have contact with him and it sort of ended badly because he was mad that I bailed out on him about giving money. In my defense, I didn't have the money to give like I thought I would when my paycheck came around. When I met him, he was a "social" drug user which eventually lead to full-blown drug addiction.

I eventually stopped giving money when I realize his stories and the things he told me weren't adding up. He even has told me he has gone to rehab but I highly doubt it. Another reason why I stopped because he would only call when he wanted money Every so often, he'll call mutual friends of ours asking for money, as far as I know, they don't

I happen to run into him with his ex recently and he has lost quite a bit of weight. Personally, I don't know why she still has anything to do with him since he stole thousands of dollars from her. She isn't a drug addict but is an alcoholic, as he is too. I think it might be a co-dependency thing. He has also stolen money from his family. From what I know and have heard, he's addicted to pot and prescription painkillers. One thing I've noticed about this guy is the excessive attention/affection he gave to his ex, he even hugged all his close friends