View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
japabp2000

((((Laurie))))) Thank you so much for your reply. Holding up has been hard. Especially since finding out that he has been taking his benzos that I had "hidden". So, now they will not accept him into detox because they are not a medical detox center..they are a social detox center and they will not accept anyone who has benzos in their system...sigh. I spoke with the nurse and she said he can detox and then come in for the classes (inpatient) when they become available...ARRGH. So, he says he doesn't want another drink, he is sick of it and is so very sorry (quack quack) that he has done this to me. Says he will do what it takes to detox at home and he will go into the classes as soon as he can. My only problem with this, even though there is nothing I can do since the rehab place won't detox him, is that I wonder how dangerous this is? Can he have seizures? Will his heart beat irregularly? I'm far from a nurse and am scared of what could happen. Gahhhh, I just want to scream.
As for AlAnon, I actually participated in an AlAnon telephone meeting tonight. I got some out of it, but nothing like being there in body, so I am going to go to one. I will call about it and see if I can find a ride. If not, my mom will take me, and she will probably attend too because she is affected by this too because she loves my husband like a son. I will look up those books on Amazon. Also, I never thought about the alcohol and drugs causing him to show mental illness symptoms..I'm so "new" to this in a way. Thank you so much for replying.
((((Hugs))))) and Blessings.
Aimee