Old 04-07-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
MeredithD1
Present

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I agree. In addition to divorce papers, please see about taking out an order of protection. If he says he will kill you, please believe him.
I know of someone who took this advice. She didn't believe her ABF would really kill her, but he did go into another rant on another day, an insane rant, and ended up hitting her. She reported it to some family, and they took him to the psychiatric ward for observation. He, in fact, WAS having a major anxiety attack and also didn't remember threatening to kill her. The psychiatrist talked with her. He asked if her ABF had threatened to kill her. She had to say yes. He was then put in under lockdown and because he was in under lockdown, the county paid for his subsequent week there (what insurance wouldn't cover). Just FYI. It was a scary time for all of us around her, but of course we wanted to be there for her. The psychiatrists made the point to all of us: If anyone ever threatens to kill you, get away from the situation. Even if you don't think they mean it, the next time they get into that kind of rage or insanity, it could happen.

It's a HUGE red flag.

I also agree with everyone here that what he has said about wanting to repair things is textbook A. If it was me, I would wait, from a safe distance, to see what would come over time.