View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Hahahaha!! thanks for the laugh!

chicory there is a lady that is 62 and she does Pilates better than anyone and also joins the kickboxing class. Of course it depends on your fitness level but I like my classes because they are like aerobics, movements infront of the mirror and you can leave or take longer breaks if you need to... if you are not that used to cardio then perhaps walking, or tai chi, yoga?? those have helped me too and are easier on the body.. or perhaps you can get a Tai chi DVD?? the important thing is that you like it so you can do it more frequently... at least I am able to go "UGHHHH!!! ok.. its ok... I'll get this out later in my class" and I am able to move on during the rest of the day

Some other tips:

Darts and a picture
Angry unsent letters
Hitting the matress with a tennis racket or with a pillow
Put yourself in the hands of HP. Imagine you have the person infront of you and tell the person or do to the person whatever you feel, in your imagination. Then let the person go, or bury him/her. Then thank HP for helping you deal with anger in a non harming way. Repeat until inner peace. (I have lost count of how many times I have "killed" some characters in my life, I have done this with the help of a therapist, a healer, with DVDs and also by myself).

Buddhist books about mantras/mandalas/healing meditations are great, too.. let me see if I find a meditation for anger...
Last but not least, giving the feeling or the situation to HP has worked for me..