View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mum22cuties

Originally Posted by stacylove View Post
Exactly, why is the decision so urgent? He's obviously scared of losing everything. Maybe he's afraid you will find someone else in the mean time. This is an addict's mind we are talking about. Maybe you need to reassure him that this is not the case and that the more patient and understanding his is of your needs, the better chance he has. I mean chill out Romeo!!!
I have told him that I will not be dating anyone else. He thinks that I am just "playing with him" (his words not mine) and I am just being nice to him now and will end up following through with the divorce. We still need to sign the temp orders. I really want the temp orders signed, not so we can proceed with the divorce, but so we can have things spelled out while we are separated. For me the most important thing about having the temp orders is that it establishes custody of the kids (he is only getting supervised visitation right now) and gives me temp ownership of the house. Without them he could legally take off with the kids or just come in go out of the house as he pleases. I even talked about changing them to Separation papers vs divorce papers and my lawyer told me there was really no reason to change as the temp order would be the same. I have explained this all to him (not so much about the kids) on how these papers will protect us both and he still does not get it. There are some things that help him - such as I will continue to pay the house payment (the house is in both of our names and we do have a good amount of equity), day care, and keep up insurance on him (which I pay for). The order even says that he won't have to pay child support for the next several months! I don't think this is unreasonable of me to want this order establish.

So, to answer your question I am not sure why he is pushing so hard for an answer right now.