View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Welcome Back Shellcrusher...

...it's good to see you.

I don't have much to add other than I had an opposite experience. Wife is fairly evil on the juice, but really nice and loving off of it. Don't get me wrong, she can still get pissed, frustrated, hurt, etc., but she does it in the way I consider "normal," i.e. like everybody else I've ever known. Plus, it's usually me being a dick or selfish that causes it. If not me, then 15-year old daughter being, well, 15.

I guess I'm saying it to juxtapose against your experience. You don't have to live the rest of your life with somebody who isn't nice. There are healthy women out there-- the trick is to learn how to be attracted to them.

The woman I dumped to date my wife was so hot I want to kill myself sometimes. But, she was healthy and didn't need me so off she went. Wife's beautiful too (when not in Evil-Mode), but she was also somebody I thought needed saving and I was hooked.

Take care my friend,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
No, this isn't a post about overlooking the alcoholism my wife has.
It's a strange transformation I'm going through since I've been working on me.

Alcoholism is one thing and is my baseline boundary. Now I'm starting to see that even when my AW is not drinking, she's a nasty person. The alcohol makes her strong to quack extra loud. The underlying bitchyness of her is always present.

The end result is I'm starting to not only think her alcoholism is the deal breaker but the fact that she's just a mean venomous person is a deal breaker.

Maybe this isn't that much of a revelation to most but I'm feeling both relieved and stressed. After getting a lawyer and getting some facts and developing what I call my Divorce plan, I'm starting to believe that it may not even take a binge drinking session on her part to make me pull the trigger.

What's everyone else say about this?