View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Hugs, Chicory. I love Anvilhead's post. Yep. Anger is so hard to work through, to accept. I was about to start a post about it too. I'm having a really hard time working through it. Arrrrrrgh. I don't understand me. My sister embraces her anger, uses it to find solutions, is teaching her boys to do to same - I hope it's rubbing off on DS, too. Me, I want to run, or at least put my hands over my ears and go 'lalalalala - I can't hear you" when anger raises it's head. It just ain't 'ladylike'. Seriously, though, I'm just having a hard time accepting it.

I don't know if you mean it literally, but I really wanted to respond to this:
Originally Posted by chicory View Post
I know that is abusive
You're not abusive, Chicory. Here's how I KNOW that: You feel remorse for how you handled yourself. Some one who is abusive would not. Some one who is abusive would see nothing wrong with how they treated the other person. Some one who is abusive would blame some one, any one, else for their outburst. You state "I got so angry..." not "He made me..."

Please don't be so hard on yourself. As I've read from others here and as Anvilhead pointed out, emotions just are; they are not good or bad. It's what we do with them that matters. So, this time, your buttons got pushed and you acted in a way you don't like, but you're aware of the buttons and your reaction. You can work on changing your response in the future. Progress, not perfection.