Thread: Blindsided
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Trust your gut.

Your instincts are trying to tell you something. Something is off.

"be patient, more will be revealed"
This slogan has been true in my personal life. My exAH got sober when I served him with divorce papers. We have been divorced two years this month.

Things were going well with his sobriety. We continued to communicate (long distance) and visited on occassion. Then I noticed slurred speech one day. Explanation: "I'm just really really tired."

It happened again about 6 weeks later. Explanation: "someone put something in my tea. I woke with a terrible headache the next day"

After a year of sobriety, and a few conversations of dating and establishing a long distance relationship; I got a call on my cell phone accidentally. He hip dialed me (bumped into his phone and it redialed the last number called) I listened for 5 minutes to his conversations at a bar with him buying shots.

The next day, (I dont say a word) and he tells me he was sorry he didnt call the night before because he was so tired he fell asleep on the couch as soon as he got home. Busted! I called him out on his BS and haven't spoken to him since.

I recommend giving yourself all the time and space you need. You are worth the patience, energy, efforts!