View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DestinyM

The Line Between Al Anon & Alateen

My daughter is 18, she'll be 19 in June. I was talking to her today about going to a Al Anon or Alateen meeting but I'm not sure which one to have her go to. Does anyone have any experience with the programs to assist me? Also, any suggestions on how to explain that going isn't for my RAH or necessarily because of him but to help her? She's got a lot of repressed emotions that she hasn't allowed herself to feel. I've got her going to see a therapist this week for the first time which she's excited about. She sees that somewhere there has to be a problem since she feels anxious about college and/or job-hunting and barely leaves the house. I know all the drama of the disease has to have an effect on her but its only surfacing now since she's out of HS (which was mandatory) and she now weighs over 200lbs on a 5 ft frame. She's my middle child and has always been easy-going. Once she has her mommy, her cell phone, a computer with internet access and peanut butter & jelly - she's good.

Please help me help my baby. She's a beautiful young woman and I can't help now to see how my decisions have effected her life.