Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

[3/1/2011 445 PM] I WANT TO BE THE HUSBAND AND FATHER YOU GUYS DESERVE NOT THAT DRUNK ~ VIOLENT ~ ABUSIVE ~ A$$HOLE THAT BOOZE HAS MADE ME
I must have 100 texts that say this in a variety of ways too!

Agree with the warning to empty bladder next time before beginning to read this thread. Have been belly laughing but also finding relief that so many of our A's are so unoriginal... I've taken so many of these quacks personally and apparently missed the David Letterman 'Top 10 Quackerific Things to say to your Spouse to Make them crazy!".

Ones on my mind right now:

"You'll never understand, worry about yourself" (while telling him that the reason I will not go to MC with him is bc we need to deal with individual issues first)

"For christs sake I'm kicking back on a Fri night with a few beers-- you need to relax and maybe you should drink more"

"Now that I'm sober (for a whopping 2 or 3 days at a time) I can see how I used alcohol to deal with your abuse for all these years" (and used this logic to justify the nastier dry drunk behavior on his part)

"I've done no long term damage bc I only drink beer" (his dad is a raging alcoholic who drinks vodka- so evidently beer is fine... btw, he also drinks vodka, gin and whiskey but chooses to forget that.

"I can't remember what I've done not bc of my drinking but bc I am stressed and disassociating as a result of your abuse" (saying this to me) OR "I drink to escape your abuse" (I'm not abusive FYI...)

"Lay off, give me a break" (when I tell him that he needs to stop stealing money from our bank account and not drink at 8 am or similar such crazy expectations

"You're relentless, get off my case" (see above)

While on the phone with in patient rehab rep after coming back from 3 day bender and being told he could either go to rehab or find a new place to live (he never went to rehab btw)
AH: "most I drink? probably 6 or 7 beers at a time"
AH: "i've never blacked out, i just can't remember exactly how much i drank bc i haven't gotten much sleep all weekend and my memory is weak"

I could go on endlessly!