View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Yogagal

Years of recovery! He's been in AA for 20+ years although he has gone out briefly several times during that period. I worry that the stress he faces now might send him out again. That's one reason I am stepping back against my wishes. His sobriety comes first. It always has and always will. I am at peace with that because without it, he would not be in my world. I believe he is in close contact with his sponsor right now and I am so grateful for that. His sponsor is a wonderful man and I consider him a good friend. I have distanced myself from that friendship as well as they sort things out...

Thank you for your thoughts. Al-Anon gives me comfort, so do all of you. My friends just look to demonize him, not understanding the disease of alcoholism or the stress of a cancer diagnosis. They don't like to see me hurting... and I love them for that. I don't like to hurt, but I believe so strongly in our love, I am not going to let go, not without a swift and stern kick in the butt from my Higher Power.