View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Time4Me1

I really think the reason why I am so unhappy again is because he is trying so hard to be involved with my life and this is causing extreme conflict with my emotions. On one hand I thought I wanted and liked his desire for friendship and frequent contact. On the other hand I feel the "magnetic pull" towards becoming too involved in him.
FaceBook has been an issue.I like Face Book because it has helped me reach out to family and friends and regaina social life. However he and I are constanly "checking up" on the other. I really believe that we would be better off not having that much to do with each other. I really have been trying to get a life again as this is what therapy has taught me to do. Have friends, have hobbies, interests and learn to be ok alone. I am reaching out to you all because I need help sorting out these feelings. I think I am going to have to tell him that we have to go our seperate ways if we are ever to come back together. I have so much that I have yet to do for myself and that may include experiencing a relationship with a "non addict". I know that he has so much to do as well and this all may take years. I have been afraid of knowing about him being with someone else as well as being resentful that he is doing well and rebuilding his life. Why couldnt he do this for me!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to find alanon as I am yet again struggling! I just wanted to know if alanon would be the appropriate place to get help with these specific issues and are they common.