View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lila

Time4me,

I have not been on here in a long time because I didnt think i needed the support anymore. I broke up w a heroin addict in october, and had a conversation with him on text tonight. The whole point of the conversation for him was to tell me that I am horrible, ugly, fat, spoiled, and disgusting (he never talked like this while in relationship but woo!) I have been sitting on the floor of my room googling how I can be more secure so I dont have any answers for you, and i might need some therapy myself but I know that we are headed in the right direction (not in a relationship w an addict, and I am thinking, processing and verbalizing my own feelings). I like the idea of trusting myself first because that seems to be where my problem lies. I am in a new relationship now, and i feel incredibly insecure ( like something is going on behind my back, and I need constant verbal reassurance to know that everything is still all good). I really want to be able to provide this assurance for myself - I am valuable, beautiful, good enough just the way I am....And, maybe its a leap of faith, but i think humans need other humans! There are healthy people out there who want to have real, level relationships --- sigh.