View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
confusedandsad

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
I am sure you have tried everything, but have you considered having her committed? She does not sound well .
this was my first thought. i've had my sister committed on involantary papers and it wasn't that difficult...i got her to go to the ER with me and told them she was sick and talking about killing herself...and they pretty much just handled it from there...she was freaking out and screaming at me but i just signed a statement thingy and they let me leave her. I'm not sure but i think if you tell them about the danger she is putting herself in they would keep her...i'm not sure it would help...it didn't help my sister..but afterwards i felt i had done absolutely everything i possibly could for her and it helped me find peace.

your story made me cry and i'm praying for you and your daughter and granddaughters.

if theres nothing else you can do for her you'll have to accept that. my sister has attempted suicide multiple times. after 10 years of trying to keep her alive at whatever cost to me i now accept that i will NOT be able to prevent her death if thats what she chooses. but i can make sure she always know that i LOVE her.

focus on those granddaughters now. i don't know their ages but i know they need all the love and support you can give them...and being with them may help you too.